The beauty of Tulips

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Stormy Weather

As it seems with most of my nights, I'm not sleeping.  Today wasn't a bad day per se, but there were many things I never expected, have happen, moments where I found myself struggling to be a part of it.  And I'm still struggling.

About an hour ago I saw flashes of light through the window, and shortly thereafter I heard the thunder, so I peaked outside and saw the downpour of rain.  The lightning was virtually constant!  The only thing I could think about was how perfect this was for my life right now!  And then the tears just flowed out like the rain falling onto the ground.  I just watched and listened through my tears as the storm passed by,

Then I began thinking about how God brought these storms to us, each show of lightning, every sound of thunder, every drop of water was a gift from him.  We all have storms in our lives that we go through, live through, and pick up from.  Some are more severe than others, doing more damage and requiring more healing than others, but we all have them.  It's really tough to see and feel positive when weathering a storm, when it gets so bad and sometimes scary, but in this storm I thought about the rain and how it nourishes the ground.  The water helps the grass to grow, crops to grow, rivers and lakes to flourish.  So in all the bad there was something good.

And generally speaking after every storm there comes a time when the clouds disappear, the sun shines again and sometimes you see a rainbow.  I don't necessarily feel that part just yet.  I'm still very much in the stormy part, struggling to see the good and feel the blessings.  I am praying however, for God to show me the way, to guide me through these storms, to give me the strength and the confidence to get through them.  I just need to shut my eyes and let him lead the way!

Let Go and Let God!