The beauty of Tulips

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

It's been a while since my last post. The days seem to go by so quickly, before you know it you're in bed again thinking about the things you didn't get done during the day. Our Easter weekend went pretty well. I took a much needed day off Friday. Last Tuesday and Thursday evening I was in Yankton for programs and leader meetings. The weekend before I was working the cookie cupboard (both days), so a day off was nice.

The kids had no school Friday and I didn't have work, so it was a day to sleep in right? Not! I was up at 7am and the boys at 7:30! I woke up early because I kept hearing something banging against the house. So I went to check it out. Turned out to be the screen door flapping in the wind, so I secured it shut. I figured since I was up I would do some stuff. I eventually got on our treadmill to walk, and walk and walk. I walked for 100 minutes! I wanted to see what the reading would be after 99:99. Well my answer was the treadmill shutting down. Interesting. The rest of the day I spent cleaning the house. I swear I had a bug in me because I was a cleaning freak on Friday. Maybe the 5+ miles on the treadmill had something to do with it?

Saturday we dyed the eggs for the Easter Bunny and made a gingerbread Easter house. Aidan had a blast dying the eggs. He was so proud to help with it.


Then if was of to the relatives in Sioux Falls for more festivities and our Easter meal. It was a great meal with ham, potatoes, salads, fruits, and some other good yummies like cheesecake! I was good and was mindful of what I was eating. I did get 30 minutes of walking before we left!

The kids all had a good time finding the eggs and playing with their cousins! It was tough going back to work today, but that's another time. I'm going to bed now.