The beauty of Tulips

Friday, March 26, 2010

Getting Fit/Living Healthy

As some of you may or may not know I have been getting into a routine of exercising more to shed a few handfuls of weight I've put on since ???, well since October. I've been pretty good about walking on our treadmill at least three times a week, and when I was in Aberdeen for some Girl Scout training with others in my position I walked during breaks, meals, in the morning, and in the evening. I did finally see my physician last Monday and were trying some different things, but I was a bit surprised to see myself weighing more than I did at the beginning of the month, especially after getting into a walking routine.

I continue to stay in a routine and today I added weights to my walk, using dumbells, holding them while I walk. Let me tell you, I worked up a sweat with those. I walked for nearly 2.5 miles, brining my weekly total to over 8 miles and there are two days left. I'm pretty happy about that!

Last Saturday I joined an online diet/healthy living club call Sparkpeople (sparkpeople.com). The club is so neat! You can have your own blog and be a member of different groups within the club. You can also track your fitness and your nutrition. It even gives you video demonstrations of the different exercises they have listed. During sign-up it will ask you different questions and from there map out your journey. It gives you meal plans, fitness plans, how many calories/fat/protein etc. you should have in one day, and even gives you a grocery list for the week. I've been pretty good getting on every day to log what I've eaten and the exercise I've done. I've met my weekly goals for calories burned and with doing cardio exercises. Woot Woot! Go me! I don't necessarily stick to their meal plan, but I try. I have been pretty good at entering everything I've ate.

So, come Monday morning I'm going to step on that scale and hope to see the numbers go down!