The beauty of Tulips

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday

Today is supposed to be a sleep in day, it's the weekend after all, no work! So much for that, I was up at 6:15am to let the dog out, then one child was up at 7:15 and the other at 8am. But, I made the most out of it. I cleaned the basement a bit more and made some use of our treadmill. I walked (and jogged a bit) for 45 minutes burning some 200 calories, 500 steps, and a distance of 2 miles. There was a time way back when I was going to the gym three, sometimes four times a week. I felt great and I slept! I slept like I haven't slept in who knows when. So I'm hoping with the use of the treadmill I can get some of that sleeping back. Exercising also gave me some really good energy!

I made a committment earlier this week to exercise more, to use our treadmill as much as possible. You see I stepped on the scale last weekend after some clothes were feeling a little more snug than they used to be and I was right in my thoughts. I have put on some more pounds. After losing A LOT of those pounds over the past few years I am determined to keep as many of them off as I can. I'm not nearly close to my highest, but still, time to get serious and work on losing.