The beauty of Tulips

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Water worries

Anyone in the SE South Dakota region knows how much water we've had over the course of the past month and a half. It's been A LOT! The forecast for the next seven days...yep, more rain! I'm a bit nervous to think about what this winter will bring. Last winter was brutal, especially in January with many school closings, road closings, and many feet of white stuff piling up outside.

The other night, around 4am I heard the storm and at 5am I got up to peak outside to what was a constant lightning show. As birght as it was you'd think it was the middle of a sunny day, but it wasn't and once again my "sleeping" for the night was minimal.

So I wonder what this next round of wet will bring. The mayor in Sioux Falls is already calling on water restriction for tomorrow!