The beauty of Tulips

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cleaning

The day started off with getting the kids ready for school and dropped off.  Once I returned home I went back to bed for a nap.  I finally rolled out of bed around 1pm, watched a little bit of television, then was off to pick up the kids from school.  Once we got home it was time to get to work.  We cleaned house.  The children helped out as much as they could, picking up toys, cleaning the coffee tables and dining rooms chairs, while I did everything else.  I pulled out the fridge and cleaned behind it and the side of the fridge.  I washed, dried, and pit the dishes away, with the help of Alex.  I swept and hand mopped the kitchen floor, vacuumed, and cleaned up the boy's room.  I also made some banana bread, a different recipe than I normally use.  I have not tried it yet to know what it tastes like, but it smells good.  We really needed to get rid of those banana's, they were pretty brown.  The recipe made two big loaves though.  Then I made a smoothie with peaches and banana's, which was really good.  Anyway, we got a lot of cleaning done, but there is still more to do as it is a never-ending chore!

Yesterday we rented and watched the movie "Secretariat".  I loved it, but you all know I really enjoy those true to life stories.  It's a great family movie and I would definitely recommend it to any family looking for a movie to watch together.  There was no cursing, pretty clean language, and no violence.  After the movie we googled Secretariat and watched the actual races on u-tube.  Pretty amazing!  You really wonder if there will ever be another horse like Secretariat.  My parents are avid horse racing watchers.  They got me hooked on it a few years ago, back in 2003 or so.  So every year we watch the Derby, the Preakness, and the Belmont, wondering if this will be the year for a triple crown winner.  No one has done it since Secretariat did back in 1973, nearly 40 years ago.  We might of had a triple crown contender with Barbaro a few years ago, but coming out of the gate at the Preakness he hurt himself, which eventually led to him being put down in January that next year.  I think most American's remember that story.  Sad!

Jason seems to be on the mend from back surgery the other day.  He's moving around more and more every day.  My parents head down to Mexico this weekend for a few weeks of  R & R.  Wish we were going with!  We look to have our own little heat wave this weekend though, with temps close to 40 out.  I am looking forward to it, so we can get out and start chizzling away at our icy driveway.  There is also a noon dismissal on Thursday and no school on Friday.

Till next time!