The beauty of Tulips

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Long Day

I didn't get much sleep last night, in fact, I don't think I really slept at all.  I'm kind of used to that happening every now and then, but it sure makes for a long day.  Kids were done with school at noon too, so I couldn't really get much "nap time" in.  Jacob and Aidan had their conferences tonight and both are doing very well.  Aidan has a little catching up to do but with some work at home I feel confident he'll be there in no time.  When we got home I read a book to Jacob and while the boys were bathing I read more of the Bible to them, since we are about two weeks behind.  We read about four days yesterday and three today, so we are definitely making progress.  After his bath, Aidan and I worked on some flashcards with shapes, numbers, colors, and letters.  He did pretty good and was very cooperative the entire time!  He lost his first tooth today too, rather it came out.  He's all excited about the tooth fairy coming tonight and made sure his tooth was under his pillow ready for them!

Once the kids were set away I went to work picking up the house, cleaning the dishes, finishing up the laundry, which feels like a never ending process with five people, and picked up.  We still have some reorganizing to do around here and I am looking forward to having everything in a place, a permanent place vs. a temporary one!

And tomorrow is Friday with temps on the rise for a few days.  What could be better?