The beauty of Tulips

Friday, June 24, 2011

Today

Today started early for me, thanks to a dear friend of mine texting me at 5:45am.  I took a few catnaps throughout the morning however to compensate for the early rise.  I finally dragged myself out of bed around noon.  When you don't have a job or anything to really get up for, it's a bit difficult to wake up early, especially when no one else is getting up either.

After I was up I tried to get a few more loads of laundry done, but I eventually found my way back to the bed for some more catnapping.  I felt pretty lazy today.  I really didn't find myself doing a whole lot.  The kids seemed pretty laid back too today so I guess it all fit well together.

I did go on facebook though and connect with some friends.  One friend I chatted with was from way back when I was in high school, probably around 10th grade.  He grew up in Redwood Falls and we met at a swim meet with our local churches.  We stayed friends for some time afterwards but did eventually loose touch after a couple years.  So it was really cool talking with him and catching up on like 25 years.  Hopefully we'll be able to reconnect in person in the future.  He was quite the spunky person from what I remember.

Oh and I had a few texts from other people throughout the day, some more of my friends.  It's such a great feeling to have friends in your life to talk to.  So often I have felt like I needed to distance myself from them because of the situation I was in, but I've made the decision I am not doing that anymore.  I need them in my life and I want them in my life and they are the likely people to help me get through the rough times that I know will surely come my way soon.  They are all a blessing and I am very thankful to God for having them in my life.  They are special people.