The beauty of Tulips

Monday, June 20, 2011

Unexpected Blessings

It's been much longer than I anticipated since my last posting and much has happened since then.  The biggest this was have carpal tunnel release surgery a few weeks ago on my right hand.  I'll have it on my left hand too in roughly five weeks, but my right needs to heal before that happens.  Here are a few pictures of what my hand looked like wrapped up and with the stitches.
Here is my hand wrapped:
And here is what my hand looked liked unwrapped with stitches:
It looks kind of icky there, but it was all dried, dead skin.  But this is what my hand looks like now:
90% of that dried dead stuff is gone.  I've been putting Vitamin E Oil on it to hopefully avoid scarring.  We'll see how well that works.  My hand definitely feels better and I'm glad I finally did something about my carpal tunnel.  I've been suffering from it for several years and it's on my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days, so I can finally check that off the list!

I went home, back to Windom the past couple weekends too, spending time with friends and family.  Some of those friends I have not seen in quite a while, so it was really fun to catch up and reconnect with them.  One of them I have not seen in nearly 21 years!  She was like a sister to me way back when I was involved with her brother.  We picked up right where we left off, feeling like it was just yesterday we last saw each other.  It was so awesome, made me feel young again!

As for my life, I'm still here in small town USA with my kids, my puppy, and the hubby, looking for a job.  Some weeks there are several and others I struggle on which ones to apply to.  I keep searching and searching hoping that someday I'll find some kind of employment out there.  Until then however, it's apply here and apply there, look, look, and look some more.

Well that's about it for now.  Till next time, count your blessings in your life!