The beauty of Tulips

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Another Saturday.

For a sleeping in day I sure got up early...8am!  My daughter and I went to town about 11:30am to meet with someone.  After that we went to Wal-Mart to check on some hiking boots that were on sale for our trip to Yellowstone.  I returned the boys boots on Monday because they were the wrong size, but the East side store had the right sizes.  At that time they were on clearance for $10.  We stopped at the West side Wal-Mart yesterday and the same boots were marked down to $5.00.  So today I took the boots back to the East side store and got $10 back, paying $5 instead of $10.  Then there were ladies boots on sale from $30 to $20 so I bought one for me and one for Alex.  I got the wrong size for her so I took her boots back.  Well, at the East side store they had the boots on sale for $10.  Alex was with me, so we got two pairs for $20.  Now I have to return my boots that I paid $20 for.  So in the end, we were able to get four pairs of hiking style boots for $30!  That was my budget for each pair, so instead of spending the $120 I thought we would be spending, we spent only $30!  Score!!!  And sometimes it pays to go to the other store, one of the boys boots were a different style than the others.  The West side store had them on clearance for $15, while the East side had them for sale for $5.00...a $10 difference!  So keep this in mind when you are out shopping, do not hesitate to go to the other store to see if it's cheaper!

While we were in town we also checked out three pawn stores, looking for different things like a viola and camcorder, and if we were lucky possibly a laptop.  The first one we stopped at they had viola's, but they were $200 or more.  You can get a brand new one on ebay for $90!  We checked out a few other stores but didn't really find much.  Then we went out to Second Chance Rescue to see what kind of dogs they had there.  It just so happened to be the day of their 5th Anniversary Open House, so it was quite busy.  There were a lot of large dogs there and only a handful of smaller ones.  It's fun to look and think about getting another, but right now our Daisy is all we need, and her personality fits right in with our family.

It was a pretty good day outside.  The sun was out, the wind was mild, and it wasn't too chilly.  Now we're home and getting ready to retire for the night.

If you are reading this please say a prayer for my friend Joelle.  She is battling Stage III Breast Cancer and has not had encouraging news about the cancer shrinking.  She has a new lump behind her breast plate and on Tuesday she has surgery to remove as much cancer tissue as possible.  She then has to undergo more chemo and will need to add radiation to that.  She is married with six children from ages 2 to 9.  Thank you for praying for her and her family!!!