The beauty of Tulips

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Royal Wedding

I'm not sure if you'll be watching the royal wedding on Friday, but I will be.  I find it so fascinating and exciting to keep up with the Royals!  This one, with Prince William and Katherine Middleton, is of more interest than others before, with the exception of Prince Charles and Lady Diana in 1981.  Prince Charles and Lady Diana, as everyone knows, are the parents of Prince William and Prince Harry.  Princess Diana was truly the People's Princess, so beautiful and so present in the world.  She did indeed change the make-up of the royal family.  Her death in 1997 was overwhelmingly shocking to everyone around the world.  For most of us, we remember where we were when he heard the news about her death.  I know I had just arrived to work at 5:45am in Preston, MN when a co-worker told me.  She also had the news on, after she told me, as I walked in, I turned to the tube to watch and hear the incredibly shocking news.  A rush of emotions came over me as I couldn't believe she had died.  Diana was an iconic fashionista as well as a Humanitarian.  Fortunately for all of us, she passed these great qualities onto her sons.  Prince William has turned into a brilliant man and humanitarian himself, as Prince Harry has too.

This Royal Wedding/Marriage however, should last, for what I believe, until they pass away.  When you look at photos of the two, they look amazingly happy, but more importantly, comfortable in, not only their own skin, but in each others skin.  Katherine herself is somewhat of a fashionista.  Every picture of her looks outstanding, from her hair, her hats, her fascinators, and other accessories such as coats, handbags, and footwear.  She is dressed to perfection from head to toe!  I cannot wait to see what her wedding dress looks like!!!

I love the fact Katherine comes from a Middle Class family, she is a commoner. not of Royal Descent.  Having lived a normal life in an extraordinarily loving family is so wonderful for William, giving him a sense of being human and experiencing life as a commoner.  It's like the best of both worlds for the two!

I know there are some people out there who are not really excited about the wedding and, quite frankly, annoyed with all the coverage, but it is an historic event.  For those of us keeping up with the Royals, there isn't enough coverage.  People are even more interested in this because of their mother, how influential she was, and because of her tragic passing so young.  Could you imagine what the world would be like today if Diana had not died so tragically that last day in August, 1997?  This only multiplies the interest in this wedding.

Only two days left, I for one will be watching as much as I can, and I will be recording what I can't!