The beauty of Tulips

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Skin Care & Clinique

About 13 years ago I was using a brand called Clinique for my skin care needs.  I was pleased with what it was doing for me and how my skin looked.  One day, while browsing in the mall, pregnant with my oldest, a gal walks ups to me and begins commenting on how beautiful my skin is, what I do etc.  I told her I used Clinique.   She then went on to talk to me about Mary Kay and how the products and the business could change my life.  I, of course, bought into it and signed up.  A week or two later I met with her sales director to discuss the products etc.  This gal somehow convinced me to order the most expensive package of product inventory stating when you have it on hand people are more likely to purchase it.  So I bought the package which was more than a thousand buckaroo's.  And once I bought all this product I was on my own, never to hear from the gals again.  We'll just say business was not booming, so there I was with an unlimited amount of products to get rid of.

I did manage to get rid of it all, but I think I did it in the non-preferred way, upsetting a few people, which I didn't necessarily know it wasn't the right way.  I cut what losses I had and was thankful that I never had to worry about it again.

The past 11 years I have used a mixture of skin care products from Mary Kay to Bjore and Nuetrogena.  My make-up became a mixture of brands as well.  All the while wanting to get back into using Clinique.  So, finally, after years of wanting to get back into using their products, I bought their system, in pieces, through the past month.  I am so thankful I did.  My skin feels so much better and I'm really loving the way it looks.  I have their skin care and their make-up, along with some other products in their line.  I have washed my face nearly everyday, twice a day for the past month, missing maybe two or three days of cleansing and make-up.

You can visit Clinique at clinique.com to learn more.  I try to purchase my Clinique at Macy's and you can go to macys.com for more information.  Below are some of the products I use from them.

Here are the products I use for my skin care.  I know it seems like a lot, but the whole process doesn't take that long at all.  I start from the left with acne cleanser, then to the pink toner, to the yellow moisturizer, to the repair serum.  Next to the blue tube of turnaround concentrate, followed by the medium circle tub of zero gravity cream, to the small circular tub of eye cream.  The last two purple containers are make-up and eye make-up removers.

 This next package is all about make-up.  From powder, concealer, eyes, cheeks, and lips, it's all here to get me glammed up and ready to go out for the day or just to simply hang out here in the house.
All of this works great for me and I'm very happy to be back using their products!

Till next time!