The beauty of Tulips

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekends!

Why is it weekends seem to always go by too quickly?  I realize there is still over half the day left today (Sunday), but this day will quickly come to an end, just as it started.  Weekends should start at 12pm each and every Friday, giving everyone the opportunity to experience more of the weekend.

I still have no job, but during the week I get up early to get the kids ready and off to school.  My alarm is set for 6:30am Monday - Friday, so when the weekend arrives I can sleep in, well, that's how it's supposed to happen anyway.  The reality of course is completely different.  My husband doesn't work weekends and since he works overnights, he is up late of course on his days off.  This results in me also being up with him on these two days to spend some time with him.  I then go to bed late, anywhere from 2 to 4am.  Well, this doesn't jive too well with children, who go to bed by 10pm or 10:30pm, and then wake up around 8 or 9am.  Therefore my days of sleeping in are in fact, not happening.  I keep going with the days though, with some giving me the chance to catch a nap.

Yesterday we didn't do much around here.  I did some cleaning though, with the kitchen, dishes, and the refrigerator, then it was onto vacuuming and sorting laundry.  Today will be all about doing those sorted piles of clothes, and hoping that I will get them all done and put away before bedtime tonight.  We did watch "The Switch" last night with Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman.  It was a fairly good movie.  I enjoyed it, the storyline etc., and would recommend it to anyone.  It's worth watching.

At some point today we'll need to go to town and stop at a few places like the grocery store, menards, and possibly the mall.  It's almost 4pm though so not sure if we'll get there or not.  Jason is still sleeping, so everything will depend on when he wakes up.  Only time will tell.  I know I need to get some things going for my mother too.  Well Jason just woke up, so maybe we'll have time to go afterall!

Till next time!