The beauty of Tulips

Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 7th

Another year has passed, this one marking twenty-one years Rachel has been gone.  Time does heal, however her memory never fades.  Tears are shed from time to time but they eventually stop and you go on with your day, your life.  Strange to think though, it has been so long since her passing.  I knew her all but a handful of years, but yet her impact has been so profound.  I have never had a friend like her.  We shared more than we shared with anyone else.  It is her and one other person who know everything about me.  When she died, so did a part of me.  I have been more reluctant, more cautious in what I share with others, keeping the most treasured secrets secret.

When I think about her I am thinking of the past, but I am not dwelling on it.  I think about the fun times we had together and the memories we made, with each other and with others.  There are many of them that make me laugh, and some that make me cry.  In general though, thinking of her brings a smile to my face and warmth in my heart.  She was a blessing and remains a treasure.  I look forward to the day we meet again to share more memories and laugh until we cry!

R.I.P. Rachel!