The beauty of Tulips

Friday, January 28, 2011

Another Friday.

Here we are at another Friday with the weekend here.  It'll be nice to not have to wake up so early in the morning to get the kids ready for school!

Tomorrow though my husband and I are going to town to go to a few places and hit the grocery store.  We might even hit an afternoon movie too, but we'll have to see how long the other places take before we make the decision to go to a movie.  But I'm still excited to head to town with him and spend some time with just him.  His work schedule has changed so we don't quit have as much time available as we did before, so I am looking forward to it.  Then on Sunday we have a date to the comedy club in Sioux Falls, thanks to being a fan of a local radio station on their facebook page.  I was lucky enough to get a pair of free tickets to the Sunday night show.  I think going there was even on my 101 things to do list.  Even if it wasn't, having a date night with my husband definitely is!  I cannot wait to laugh the night away with him!!!!

So the other night when I made that amazing butter yellow cake with the most delicious home-made chocolate frosting, I was going to post the picture of the cake but didn't get around to it when I blogged.  Well now I have he pictures on the computer and here is the cake.  It was REALLY good!  Doesn't it look yummy?


The last two days my husband and I have been talking about what we would like to do this summer for trips etc. and we have always talked about heading out to Yellowstone National Park, so I think we're going to try and make that trip a reality this summer.  I think with early planning and preparing we may actually be able to go on this trip.  We've talked about taking two weeks, not that we would spend that entire time in Yellowstone.  We would stop at Devil's Tower on the way out and then at the Battle of Little Bighorn on the way home, and we might possibly head into Montana more while we are out there, like to Great Falls for a surprise visit to my Grandma and then maybe even up to Big Sandy to show my children where their Grandpa grew up.  Not sure though, we'll have to do some more planning for that trip because it certainly isn't a day trip from Yellowstone!  We've been checking out all the places to stay in the area as well as things to do in the park, and sent off for some park information.  It's kind of exciting thinking about taking a family vacation out there.

Tonight I spent some time picking up, cleaning up, and straightening up the house a bit.  A few months ago my husband bought me pink roses and they withered away so beautifully that I wanted to keep them, but I neglected to "hang" them, so they dropped over as you can see below.  I taped them upside down hoping that  I might possibly be able to reverse their bend, then I'll hairspray them and put them back into the vase.  Here's what they look like:



Well, off to watch "Pearl Harbor"!