The beauty of Tulips

Monday, January 24, 2011

It's Monday!

The last couple of days I've been struggling with a sinus infection/head cold.  Plugged nose, sore throat, then a runny/drainy nose, coughing, headache, and very fatigued.  After the kids were off to school this morning it was without a doubt back to bed for more rest/sleep and that is definitely what I did.  I finally got out of bed around 2pm.  Yep, 2pm!  I really needed the rest though.  I would really like to get rid of this junk lingering around inside my sinuses.  No need to go to the doctor about it because they won't do anything for it.  My folks are heading to Mexico here in a few weeks.  I love it when they head down there because we generally get a supply of amoxicillin, so when sinuses etc act up, I take a few of those and within a few days I'm all good.

There was one thing I really wanted to watch on TV today and that was the Oprah show.  She was going to reveal some deep dark family secret and of course since the first previews for the show, that's all you've been hearing about, what could the secret be.  I kind of wondered when she began talking about the story starting with Patricia that somehow they were related and then when I saw Tennessee on one the hospital documents I figured she was a sister to Oprah.  Wow!  Can you imagine waking up one day and discovering your sister is Oprah Winfrey?  It was kind of emotional watching and listening to her and her family throughout the show, but very exciting for everyone involved!

Tonight I finally got off my rocker and made some banana bread.  It turned out so amazing, so beautiful, almost perfect!  I am very proud of how well it looked, how well it came out of the pan, and I'm looking forward to it tasting as sensational as it smells!  Here's a picture of the two loaves.  Don't they look incredibly delicious?



Oh, and before I forget, I have a nibble for a job!  :o)