The beauty of Tulips

Friday, January 21, 2011

It's Friday, like that matters!

TGIF!  As if it really matters if it's Friday or not.  Everyday is like a Friday for me because I don't have a job, but I guess I still get up early Monday through Friday to get the kids ready and off to school so in a sense Fridays are great because then for at least two days I can sleep in and not wake up so early.  Although I generally go back to bed though after I drop them off at school, so to some degree it really doesn't matter.

Last night was a late night for me getting some papers filled out and ready to mail out today.  I looked for more jobs today.  There were a few I plan to apply for, but as usual, not much out there.  I did get my papers in the mail today and even paid some bills online tonight.  I think I'm all "caught up"...for now at least.  I think about our bills, what we have, what we own etc. and wonder why it all even matters?  I mean, we can't take any of it with us when we die can we?  The only thing we can take with us when we pass is our faith and belief in Jesus and God, and with any luck we've lived our lives according to them and can have eternal life after death.

I often, quite regularly actually, think about what it's like after death, or what would it be like?  What is death like, so on and so forth?  When I die will it be thousands or millions of years before the end of time?  How long will my body be in the ground before I have, or hope to have, eternal life?  I mean how old would Adam and Eve be today?  And where are they buried?  Abraham and Sarah?  How long do our bones stay in the ground?  I know, too many questions, but this is what I think about throughout the day.

Some cool news, while surfing the internet I came across an article from business week listing the top towns in each state to raise a family.  In South Dakota that city/town was Lennox, with Worthing being the runner up, which is liek 7 miles from Lennox and in the same school district.  That was pretty exciting to see the town we lived in was actually listed the #1 place in the state to raise a family.

I'll see ya'all tomorrow!