The beauty of Tulips

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday

It's no longer Monday!  I can hear the weekend approaching once again.  Doesn't it just seem like monotonous clockwork week after week?  I mean Mondays are boring because it's the beginning of the work week and we've been spoiled by having two days off at home, wishing for another, but we gotta go back sometime.  Then we have Tuesday, which really doesn't mean anything other than the fact it's no longer Monday.  Here comes Wednesday, hump day, the week is half over and we can see the weekend coming.  Thursday, isn't much either, but it's much more exciting than Tuesday because the day after is Friday, which means the weekend is finally here, another two days of no work and nothing but relaxing at home.  So there's the week for you!

Alright, well today, of course, after getting the kids to school I went back to bed for a nap, got up around 11am, hopped on facebook and had seen an entry from mix 97-3 about sending them an email to win a pair of tickets to the comedy club in Sioux Falls.  So I emailed him thinking I wouldn't hear anything because he posted it an hour earlier, but 15 minutes later I got a call that I won a pair of tickets to the Sunday night show!  Yeah me!!!  It pays to be a fan on facebook.  I think this might have been one of my things to do too.  I've actually been wanting to go to some sort of comedy show with my husband for a while now.  It's absolutely great to laugh with him!  There's nothing quit like having a giggle attack with your husband and the two of you making each other laugh or both laughing at the same thing.  And he has Sunday off so this is almost perfect!  Free tickets and a night off.  I can't wait!

Once I picked the kids up from school we had to drive into SF to get Alex some black pants for her band concert, which was tonight.  I'm so proud of her.  She plays the French Horn and while straightening her hair before the concert I realized she was taller than me!!  Ugghh!  She did a really great job, as did everyone there tonight.  The sixth graders played Hang on Sloopy for one of their pieces.  That always gets the crowd going, and sure brought back memories for me of high school football games over 21 years ago.  It was enjoyable to say the least.

Now it's off to bed, wondering what tomorrow will bring.  I'm kind of hoping my hubby gets to sleep early tonight when he gets home from work because I wanna go to a movie matinée tomorrow.  I wanna see "Love and Other Drugs".

FYI, still no word from the Travolta's.