The beauty of Tulips

Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday

Well today started with a phone call from school telling us school was two-hours late. An hour later came another phone call now cancelling school for the entire day. I must say I was relieved a bit knowing we didn't have to do the morning rush and we could all get up and get going on our own time.

I did go into town though to drop off an application and resume. I would really like this job as I've worked for the company before and had really great experiences with them. Roads were obviously snow covered and slick but we made it there and back just fine.

Yesterday I was able to recreate my resume and take from three pages down to one. I am much more impressed with my current resume than I was with my old one. I went to a job search class last week and learned a lot about the presence and information on your resume and application, how to score the interview and land the job. So I'm practicing and putting these skills into place, hoping a job comes my way, sooner rather than later.

Received a phone call this evening school was going to be two-hours late tomorrow however, I didn't tell the kids that, just so they would go to bed at their normal time and not use that as an excuse to stay up a little later tonight.

So now I'm having some time to myself and blogging. ttfn!